Current Commission Members
Jeremy Van Ek , Chair
Jose De Leon
Student Vacancy (1)
Intent & Purpose
The purpose of the Commission is to provide advisory recommendations to the Village Board on financial matters that have a long-term focus. The commission’s role therefore does not include responsibilities of day-to-day operational oversight. The members of the Finance Commission are specifically charged with:
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning the Village’s long-term financial strategy, focusing upon multi-year trends with revenues, expenditures and future service delivery
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning Village purchasing policies, borrowing or debt issuance, revenue generation, management reporting or investments
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning development incentives, special taxing districts, special service areas, tax increment financing districts or other multi-year funding intended for development or redevelopment
- Reviewing and making recommendations concerning the Village’s financial policies
- Reviewing the comprehensive annual financial report
- Undertaking special projects that may be assigned from time to time by the President and Village Board or the Village Manager
The Finance Commission meets the 2nd Monday of the Month at 7:00 AM at the Glen Ellyn Civic Center.
Agendas & Minutes
To view current and past agendas and minutes for the Village's Boards & Commissions, please visit here.
Public Comment Form
If you wish to offer public comment, or if you would like your name read into record with a stated position, please complete this form.
To apply to serve on one of the Village's Boards & Commissions, visit here.